Friday, April 27, 2012

Warming up for the weekend

Runkeeper Stats (Part 1)
Runkeeper Stats (Part 2)

As much as I would have liked to have made this one full trip, my phone rebooted. I am only grateful in the fact that the app periodically saves the information to the webpage as the walk goes. Otherwise there would be a very unhappy camper.

While today's walk wasn't that record breaking, breathing has been improving. Its taking til the .75 mile mark before it becomes harder and somewhat forceful but nowhere near as debilitating as it was in the beginning. Also, the pain in the lower back, while there, is starting to spur on a challenge to the point where walking through the pain and pushing it, almost daring it to be worse than it is. Half the walk back was spent sneering at the pain and showing it who is boss of the walk. Plus there were only 2 official stop breaks tonight. Once was at the end of the road before turning around, the other was where the phone rebooted. Which shows that endurance is building up slowly.

My diet has changed a bit this week and will be further be merging to the Primal Blueprint. My protein intake has been upped dramatically as has my natural fat intake. So my evening meal is a four egg omelet with onions and peppers diced and a nice dash of Louisiana Hot Sauce. That, by the way, is a really tasty hot sauce. If you haven't tried it yet, I would highly suggest it. Then I would either have a pork steak or a few slices of bacon, which I have been doing simply for the grease to saute the vegetables and cook the eggs in. Its very hearty and fulfilling for a dinner. Maybe I will get sick of eggs, but for now I am loving it. tonight is shopping night and perhaps there will be some jimmy dean sausage rolls in the near future and whatever meat steak that can be found that is inexpensive.

I am slowly phasing out the excess carbs that I had bought prior to my diet switch over. Which is sad because I really do like my morning oatmeal. At any rate, the amount of food and quality of food is proving to be denser and longer lasting for fulfillment. I also think that my recovery time at the end of the week is increasing due to the larger portion of protein that I am ingesting. Soon I will be adding smoothies to my list of things to have. Which will be nice because I really enjoy a good smoothie, especially when it fills my chocolate sweet tooth.

No real update on what my weight is yet.The scale I have is not giving up the goose, still doing the scale scream (EEEEEEEEEEE) when I stand on it. The only real benchmarks I can give are that bending and reaching places on my body are getting easier, IE: putting on socks. My pants seem to fit comfortably now, which means they aren't cutting into the waistline sharply in either a standing or sitting position. On walks, as I have said, breathing is much easier. I don't see much "weight" falling off visibly as in my face/cheek areas, however a wise woman once told me that its hard to see millimeter changes on a daily basis.  Patience is still difficult, some days I get the frustrated "Why bother!" feeling simply because the scale still isn't showing a reading and that makes taking the walks doubly harder to start. What keeps me going are the important people in my life. My wife, my family and my friends. I know that they want me around and have said as much. My hope is I can start reporting back hard weight data from my home scale on a weekly to bi-weekly basis.

My year had a rocky start and I needed a kick in the ass to get out and start doing what I planned to do. There are no apologies here just effort to kick start my life over again and see where I end up.

No comments: