Saturday, April 21, 2012

Getting easier..

Runkeeper stats

The last few days have been emotionally trying through no fault. I think that the exercise and diet changes are finally having some physical and mental affects on me. I may not have exercised much, but i did kettle bell 2 out of the last 4 days. April 20th was my late Father's birthday, so I didn't feel the need to do anything.

Today, the first half mile was cake. Just trucking along, breathing was nowhere near what it was on day 1. Hit .50 and kept going to the first stop to take a quick break. The continued down the road to the end. By the time, a slow dread that a mistake may have been made in wanting to push that far today but since it an out and back type of walk, nothing really could be done about it. Took a break at the end of the road and headed back. About two minute back towards the original break point, my lower back seized up. One moment loose, next moment brick hard and painful. Pushed through the pain and made it back to break point 1 to sit and limber up. Took my time and did some stretching before heading back to my starting point. after that, it was pretty easy sailing. My last break point is right before having to jump the gate that the property management places across the driveway to prevent people from driving thru to get to the mall. From there its like .22 miles to the front door but it might as well have been 3 miles. Even though I rested and stretched on that last break, a minute into walking my lower back had quite enough and complained the rest of the way back.

So, things are improving and getting easier and I have found the next challenge level on my walk so good things to be had. Endurance seems to be forming up nicely and if the energy output continues to stay longer and longer, i may add the "round the block" portion to my walk if i can manage to keep the entire walk under 45 minutes.

In other news, I was reading a science report that claims that scientists have linked aspirin use to an enzyme that burns fat! (Go Australia). As usual with most reports, they do suggest that people not try this out on their own. So, I promptly added it to my daily supplement regiment. Nothing to drastic mind you, just what the first aid kit had available an only 1/2 dose a day. When I get shopping, I will find the lowest dose available that is not a kids chewable and add 1 pill a day for a few weeks and see if I notice any changes. I don't have any known health issues other than being overweight and I feel that a low single dose a day is almost a homeopathic route of application at any rate. So we will see.

No comments: