Thursday, March 29, 2012

Took a couple days off

http://runkeeper.com/user/xianoth/activity/78494928?&mobile=false

Had to take a couple days off due to the fact I needed to heal. Lesser, yet more important fact was I wanted to spend time with my wife who was visiting me at the time as well. Yeah I could have exercised while she was there but I was healing a pain that is a factor in my life.

One of the things I detest most about myself is the amount of skin tags that grown over my body. If you aren't sure what skin tags are, I will tell you 2 things that they are not:

1: Fun to live with
2: A blogger utility tool

 From Wikipedia:  Skin tags (or Acrochordon) is a small benign tumor that forms primarily in areas where the skin forms creases, such as the neck, armpit, and groin.

I have two on my left inner thigh, that when I walk, they get pulled and torn. After all my walking this past week, it was really painful to walk to the next room without irritating the torn skin tags. Not having health insurance because it is so freaking expensive these days, I have no recourse to remove them unless I ask skilled friends that know how to cut things. Yeah it will be painful until it heals, but once gone, the ache is more bearable than a torn tag.

Today's walks was easier and farther than all my walks thus far. Which means my 1 mile is close and attainable. Getting to 2 miles will be a trick though. Especially on a 1 hour lunch break. My body is not fit to jog yet, so running to make up the miles won't happen but speed walking may happen by incidence. I do enjoy walking so long as I am not in pain or uncomfortable. When I was younger, I could walk from my house to the old Franlklin Cinema in 45 minutes which was 2.5 miles. So here's to getting back to that goal.

No comments: